Releasing Triggers at the Right Time
ConveYour gives you many different options for setting up when trigger actions will run.
Here we will explain some of the timing options for your trigger's settings.
Delay Release from Join Date
Choose this Timing field option if you want to delay the release of triggered content based on when someone joins a campaign instead of the date the campaign starts. See Campaign Setup from "Start Date" below for more information on that option.
Setting up a drip campaign where each contact receives a sequence of emails based on when they joined the campaign, is one example of Delay from Join Date.
- You create a campaign with two emails triggers,
- you select "Delay from Join Date" for both emails.
- Email one is set to go out 1 day after someone joins
- Email two is set to go out 2 days after someone joins
- You launch your campaign on Sunday night
- John joins your campaign on Sunday. He receives his first email on Monday and the second email on Tuesday
Sally joins your campaign on Monday, she receives her first email Tuesday and her second email on Wednesday.
Delay Release from Campaign Start Date
Choose this Timing field option if you want to delay the release of triggered content based off of the date the campaign starts.
Examples of why you would want to use this option...
- Making sure everyone has access to the same campaign questions regardless of when they start
- Events or team training where everyone should be on the same page
You want to release questions, emails, SMS messages, etc. based on when you set the campaign to start. You are speaking at an event and you want to make sure everyone has access to the same set of released questions no matter when they decide to join the campaign.
- You create a campaign with two challenge questions triggers.
- You select "Delay from Campaign Start Date" for both triggers.
- Question one is set to go out 1 day after the campaign starts (regardless of join time)
- Question two is set to go out 2 days after the campaign starts (regardless of join time)
You launch your campaign on Sunday night
John joins your campaign on Monday
He receives his first question immediately (Sunday + 1) and the second email on Tuesday (Sunday + 2)
Sally joins your campaign on Tuesday
- She receives both questions at once, released to her because both questions met the delay criteria. Now Sally is caught up to everyone else who is participating in the campaign.
(Note: we have a system for not flooding late joiners with SMS & email messages released earlier in the campaign for others).
Release on a Specific Day
Triggered content is set to be released specific to an event or special date.
- You are a public speaker and you have a number of event attendees who signed up for the ConveYour campaign when they signed up for the event. You may have a polling question trigger set to go out the day before the event to gauge audience opinion on a topic before you speak.
- As a business owner, you have created a quarterly check-in that you want to send out specific to quarterly reports.
- Perhaps you have a holiday message that may need to be set to go out specific to a holiday date.
Triggered content is set to be released immediately, as soon as a participant signs up for a campaign.
- You have free value you want to offer your tribe. As soon as the participant signs up, they receive the freebie - perhaps it's an instructional video, words of wisdom, or other gift of your content.
- You are creating a sales funnel. Perhaps, in exchange for signing up and taking a ConveYour survey, you acquire their email and mobile number for future promotions. Often in this scenario, you follow up with a freebie, thanking them for participating.
- For all campaigns where timing is not an issue, and your participants should receive the content upon sign-up.
ConveYour let's you engage, train, and influence your people all from a single platform.
Try our FREE Microlearning Sample Course